To configure and maintain Check Point Security Gateways and Management Software Blades, participants in this core 3-day technical certification course will get a grasp of fundamental principles and the skills needed.
• Be able to carry out recurring administrative activities.
• Outline the Gaia operating system’s fundamental features.
• Identify the SmartConsole’s tools, features, and operations.
• Recognize how administrators use SmartConsole to grant user access.
• Get familiar with the operation and network protection of Check Point security systems and products.
• Recognize the licencing and contract specifications for security products from Check Point.
• List the key components of a security policy.
• Get familiar with the idea of the Check Point policy layer.
• Recognize how to activate the URL and Application Control software.
• Blades that restrict access to different applications.
• Explain the manual and automatic NAT configuration processes.
• Identify the tools that are utilised to track data, spot threats, and find possibilities for performance enhancement. • Outline various Check Point Threat Prevention techniques for preventing network assaults.
• Explain the configuration, upkeep, and tuning of the intrusion prevention system.
• Get familiar with the Infinity Threat Prevention platform.
• Information on IoT Protect from Check Point.
The Security Management Server must be configured.
Run the First Time Wizard using the WebUI.
• Put the Smart Console in place.
Utilizing the network described in the course topology, install the Alpha Gateway.
• Exhibit the communication between the Security Management Server and Gateway.
Check the SIC Status.
For simultaneous administration, create many administrators and assign each of them certain responsibilities and permissions.
• Verify current product licences for those that are installed on the network.
Host, network, and group objects should be created and configured.
• Establish an abridged Security Policy.
• Showcase the application of Security Zones in policy.
• Showcase how to distribute a layer among security policies.
• Set up network objects like servers using network address translation.
• Make Identity Awareness possible
• Implement user access roles to govern the security policy at a finer level.
• Create network traffic and track the data using tools for traffic visibility.
• To receive alerts, stop suspicious traffic, and view status, use SmartConsole and SmartView Monitor.
Technical professionals who
support, install deploy or
administer Check Point products
Learn basic concepts and develop skills
necessary to administer IT security
Working knowledge of Windows,
UNIX, networking technology, the
Internet and TCP/IP