With a growing transition from physical to digital spaces keeping virtual data secure has never been more important. Businesses are always looking for professionals equipped with the necessary skills to not only implement preventative measures but strong remedial measures in case of a breach. Getting Cisco Security certified tells businesses the professional is able to introduce robust digital security assets into the organization with qualifications to introduce the best possible policies and practices. Check out the dates below for some of the popular Cisco courses to enrol in today
Cisco Security Certification Training Courses
Cisco Systems is an IT and networking specializing in routers, cybersecurity, and IoT. As an established world leader in networking and the internet, Cisco Security Certification offers professionals in-depth understanding and proven knowledge to introduce proactive cyber threat detection and overall mitigation protocols. Popular Cisco Certification Training Courses include;
- Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FTD)
- Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services (SISE)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
- Managing Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure (NMENPI)
- Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS)
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FTD)
The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FTD) course teaches professionals to deploy and use the Cisco Firepower Defense system. The course offers hands-on knowledge and experience around configuration, including initial device set up around routing, high availability, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Migration, traffic control and Network Address Translation (NAT). Additionally, professionals will learn how to introduce advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection and deep packet inspection.
The FTD course spans over five days, depending on the chosen method to complete the same. In order to pass eligibility requirements, it is recommended the individual possess knowledge around TCP/IP and basic routing protocols, familiarity with firewall and VPN along with intrusion prevention system (IPS) concepts.
Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services (SISE)
The latest version of this course (v3.0) explains the deployment and use of the Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) v.2.4. The platform handles identity and access control with simplification around consistency and high-security access control for wired, wireless and VPN connections.
The SISE Course completion allows professionals to sit the “Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine 300-715 SISE” examination leading to the CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Identity Management Implementation certifications. The course is offered in a similar structure to the Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FTD) course with options for in-person instructor-led courses, virtual instructor-led courses, and e-learning options spanning over five days.
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)
For professionals sitting at more senior level security positions within an organization, the SCOR course is a better fit. The “Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)” course offers professionals the ability to master skills and resources needed to implement core Cisco security solutions while providing more advanced threat protection against cybersecurity attacks. The course teaches security for networks, the cloud, content, endpoint protection, secure network access, visibility and enforcement.
Additionally, the SCOR course offers hands-on experience with the deployment of Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), including configuring access for control policies, mail policies and 802.1X authentication.
Managing Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure (NMENPI)
The Managing Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure (NMENPI) course is a five-day instructor-led (physically or virtually) structured course that teaches professionals how to manage networks using the Cisco Prime Infrastructure. This course covers adding devices, managing inventory, report crafting, creation of both wired and wireless device maps, monitoring of the network, management around device configuration and compliance, along with managing system administration tasks.
In order to sit the NMENPI course, professionals must come equipped with:
- Understanding of networks and networking terminology including Cisco CCNA routing and switching qualifications or a similar equivalent
- Knowledge of wireless networks and wireless networking terminology including Cisco CCNA Wireless qualifications or equivalent
- Previous training or experience with network administration, management and troubleshooting
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals (CBROPS)
For individuals looking to understand security concepts, common network and application operations, and attacks, along with the types of data needed to understand and investigate security incidents, this is the course for you. The structure teaches professionals how to look for alerts and breaches while introducing strong protocols in response.
Completion of this CBROPS course allows individuals to prepare for the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification exam as well as the role of Junior or Entry Level Cybersecurity operations analyst within a SOC. The course is offered instructor-led or self-paced. Prerequisites for the course include familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking, working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and a familiarity with basic networking security concepts.
Who can take up Cisco Security Certification Training Courses (Technology)?
The job roles that can find these Cisco Security Certification Training Courses are primarily within the IT and security domain. The certification allows professionals a deeper understanding and stronger practical knowledge to apply for opportunities in;
- Security Managers
- Routing and Switching
- Service Provision
- Data Center Professionals
- IT Consultants
- Risk Management Specialists
- Business Intelligence Specialists
- Security Consultants
- Solution Designers
- System Installers
- Cisco Integrators and Partners
- System/Network Administrators
- ISE Administrators
- Wireless Network Security Engineers
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Aspiring IT Security Professionals
- Professionals who are looking to sit for relevant Cisco Security certification exams
Reasons to choose Cisco Security Certification Courses
- A wide portfolio of industry-recognized Cisco Security Certification courses provided at one place in Koenig Solutions
- Expert Cisco Security instructors with real-world experience to help professionals to gain a thorough understanding of securing enterprise IT infrastructure across various platforms
- Participants will receive a complete set of Cisco Security certification training resources in the form of courseware, case studies, hands-on lab sessions, practice tests, and more
- Get Cisco Security certification training from an accredited Cisco Training Partner who can deliver these training programs worldwide
- Learners can take up these Cisco Security certification courses according to their convenience on a weekday for 4 hours/ day and on the weekends for 8 hours/ day time slots
- Organizations can customize their Cisco Security certification training modules according to their business needs
- Learners can take up as many as Cisco Security certification sample practice tests through the Qubits platform provided by Koenig Solutions
- Participants can take their Cisco Security certification courses across 4 different learning modes include 1-on-1 training, classroom, live online, and onsite training.
Benefits of Cisco Security Certification Training Courses (Technology)
Some of the key benefits of undertaking Cisco Certification Training include:
- Cisco as an organization holds strong weight within IT and cybersecurity fields, making it one of the most sought after certification credentials
- Cisco certifications are not only held in the highest regard but also allow the professional in possession of the credentials to be a more sought after professional in comparison to their non-certified peers
- Cisco Security certification training is ideal for organizations looking to implement the latest and most comprehensive digital solutions around protection and security
- Cisco Security certifications offer the strongest insight into advanced threat protection that can be exercised before, during and after attacks
- The Cisco Security remains the leading-edge skills that are in high demand and provide the added layers of fortification needed to maintain safety within today’s volatile digital environment
Cisco Security Certification Process
To become a Cisco Security certified professional, please follow the below steps:
- One has to select a relevant Cisco Security certification course from a wide range of courses offered at Koenig Solutions
- Select the schedule and mode of delivery that is ideal for you
- Receive Cisco Security course materials that include the training ppt, pre-reading resource, case studies, and practice test questions
- Attend the instructor-led Cisco Security certification training with practical hands-on lab sessions
- Participants can take up as many as Cisco Security certification exam practice tests to gain familiarity with the exam formats
- Create a successful Cisco career path with popular Cisco Security certification credentials
Salary prospects for Cisco Security Certified Professionals
With enterprise architecture taking the form of both physical, hybrid, and cloud platforms, it is critical for organizations to have a robust, secure, and scalable IT infrastructure. In this regard, Cisco solutions are used by enterprises globally to manage their networks, routers, and other critical IT assets. Cisco Security certification courses are quite popular in organizations across industry sectors. Let’s check out the salaries of Cisco Security Certified professionals from various parts of the globe.
Explore our catalog to learn about entry, associate, professional, and expert certifications, as well as supplemental exams that earn you specialist certifications and credit toward recertification on all paths.
Cisco has redesigned our training and certification programs to address today’s dynamic technologies and prepare students, engineers, and software developers for success in the industry’s most critical jobs.
Use this as a starting point if you’re interested in a career as a networking professional.
Master the essentials needed to launch a rewarding career as a networking professional and realize your potential with the latest technologies.
Select a core technology track and a focused concentration exam to customize your professional-level certification.
Become an expert in your field by earning the most prestigious certification in the technology industry.
|Collaboration||CCNP Collaboration||CCIE Collaboration|
|CyberOps||Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Cybersecurity||CyberOps Associate||CyberOps Professional|
|Data Center||CCNP Data Center||CCIE Data Center|
(Dev and Automation)
|DevNet Associate||DevNet Professional||DevNet Expert|
|Enterprise||Cisco Certified Support Technician (CCST) Networking||CCNA||CCNP Enterprise||CCIE Enteprise Infrastructure
CCIE Enterprise Wireless
|Security||CCNP Security||CCIE Security|
|Service Provider||CCNP Service Provider||CCIE Service Provider|
Additional training programs
Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
CCT Data Center
CCT Routing & Switching
Cisco Meraki Solutions Specialist
Cisco Customer Success Manager
Cisco Renewals Manager
Cisco certification roadmaps
Technology and IT needs are always evolving and so are Cisco certification exams. With Cisco Certification Roadmaps you’ll know exactly what to study — and when to get started. Visit our Cisco Learning Network community for updates and more information.
What happens after I pass the certification exam?
Congratulations on passing your certification exam. This is a significant achievement. Visit our Certification Fulfillment and Benefits page to learn more about what happens next.
I need to recertify
For specific details about your recertification requirements, visit the Recertification policy page.
Candidates are required to acknowledge several agreements as part of their participation in the Cisco Certifications program, and to obtain and use marks and logos associated with the program.